Tuesday, July 22, 2008

London Calling

This past Saturday my friends and I traveled to the great city of London! It was the first of many day trips we will make into London, so we decided to knock out all the typical touristy things first.  We all experienced our first "fish and chips" at the historic King's Arms Pub, saw Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace. We also took pictures with the guards outside Prince Williams house! One of my friends knows everything there is to know about Prince William, and she asked one of the po-po's if he was home. He replied very nonchalantly that he wasn't sure where he was today, but that he was somewhere out and about. He then had to motion us to stand back on the sidewalk to make way for some visitors pulling into the driveway to Prince Williams house. The hood of their car had a white bow and ribbon on it that marked them as part of the royal family, although I'm not sure who exactly they were. We then walked to Big Ben, Parliament, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Picadilly, and the National Gallery. It was definitely a full day!

Westminster Abbey

I'm lying on the lawn of Westminster Abbey, trying to take in all of London.


A man from Ohio touring with his family took this photo of my friends and I trying to all squeeze in the famous British phone booth.

This is at the driveway of Prince Williams home. My friends thought the guard and I were so cute, because we matched. They also nicknamed me Waldo.  My red pants were not going to let me get lost. 

The coolest taxis in the world. The only other foreign taxi I've been in was in Mexico, and there are light-years of differences between the two!

Buckingham Palace

I'm standing in Trafalgar Square in front of the National Gallery. This is one of the busiest and most crowded intersections in the world.

Her Majesty's Theatre in Picadilly, the theatre hub, which was showing "Phantom of the Opera" that night.

The London Eye

Big Ben

4 comments:

nonni and pops said...

It is incredible that you have been standing/laying in such amazing places. You guys look like you're having so much fun! I haven't talked to Ry lately, hope Skype is treating you well:) Love, Sandy

Sammy said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyy B. You are doing a good job visiting the sites! Great pics.

Sammy said...

I want some ry ry updates

Katie Tucker said...

it looks like you're having a great time! i love reading all of your posts - and the pictures are beautiful! can't wait to see you when you get back :)